- How to Care for a Souvenir Jacket
- #JLMSTORIES: Keep Your Chill (Japanese Souvenir Jacket Sukajan Photoshoot)
- HIT THE STREETS BABY (Japanese Sukajan Souvenir Jacket Photoshoot)
- Atomic Mari x JLM STORE Sukajan Souvenir Jacket Collaboration
- Sukajan Souvenir Jacket OOTD Street Coordinate Fashion Special Ft. Dani ( Hamdani ) Vol. #1
Firstly our best advice is for you to have it done by professional dry-cleaners in your area. It is always best and safe to have professional cleaning folks to do their magic tricks.
However if you want to do it by yourself, here are some of our tips:
* Read: this is subject to differences in the actual approach and the results may vary, please follow and use this guide accordingly at your risks
1) Most sukajan jackets are either made of rayon silk, polyester, and some are nylon fabrics. Since they are not cotton, the dirt and stains might be a little bit hard to wash off but to be sure, please check on the tags regarding the maker's advice regarding washing them. Most jackets are theoretically washable however, it should be done with utmost care to avoid discoloration or fading.
2) If you ever want to use the washing machine, it is imperative that you put it in a laundry net to avoid the centripetal force stretch your fabric and jacket and loosen afterwards. It is best if you use luke-warm water as well and use a normal detergent . DON'T USE THE DRIER built in the washing machine, it might shrink! After washing, just hang it loose for natural drying. This should do most of the job.
Please use this guide regarding washing and care if there is a tag in your jacket inside the pockets regarding the handling of it: http://www.textileaffairs.com/c-common.htm
3) If still, the stains won't go off, either you go to a professional dry-cleaner but if you wish to challenge cleaning it again by yourself, this is our personal advice from our own experience. For the purpose of sharing, we are just writing it here so please use it only as a guide ok : )
You can soak the jacket in a warm water if the tag says it is ok (you can observe if the color has fading signs, then it might have some discoloration so please use mild warm water in that case then), then apply dishwashing fluid with citrus, sometimes a little bit of lemon juice might help in brushing off the particular stained areas. Please use an old toothbrush to gently brush off the part while immersed in the water. Then repeat it a couple of times and observe. If there are still some hardheaded stains, you might want to try baking soda to rub off stubborn stains, remember to use gentle amounts on the toothbrush and dont over brush the area to avoid tarnishing or textile fatigue.
4) If after doing all of this, you still notice some stains left, then probably, it is better to consult a professional cleaner then.
As a word of advice, most jackets are great being worn with the vintage feel, with their age-old fading, some stains and imperfections, thus the charm of vintage clothing and specially sukajan souvenir jackets. They are loved and appreciated over generations and the passing of their use which makes them more adorable and lovable as they are. They are treated as vintage art objects and plainly as works of art.
Hope this helps then and we look forward to your purchases then from our vast collection of jackets here
twitter | facebook | instagramsukajan official | japanese sukajan gallery | new releasesPhotos by Justin De JesusJapanese Souvenir Jackets
anammmoon | www www.japanloverme-store.comtwitter | facebook | instagramsukajan official | japanese sukajan gallery | new releases
ATOMIC MARI Photos by Justin De JesusJapanese Souvenir Jackets
We are pleased to introduce Dani, our ever dependable all-around nice guy. Dani is from Indonesia and exudes the charms and charisma similar to that of Jimi Hendrix minus the guitar hero skills.Dani is our total bad-ass model and jeans crash/remake specialist. He used to be destroying and crashing jeans to remake them into fabulous [...]
ONIGASHIMA Japanese Zero-sen World War 2 WWII WW2 Zero Fighter Kamikaze Bomber Pilot Silk Sukajan JacketTEDMAN TED MAN Peak'd Yellow Asia Geisha Oiran Maiko Shunga Tattoo Art Design Graceful Japanese Anego - Come here and sleep under me - Peacefulness - Fine Needlework Embroidery Sukajan JacketVintage Japanese TEDMAN Ted Company Tokoro George Setagaya Base Peak'd [...]
And here we go for the rest of the snaps...*Some of them might be marked as sold out already but it won't hurt if you will let us know that you are interested in the same design or model since we maybe able to find another one for you in due time. Please do not [...]
Vintage Geisha Oiran Dragon Ryu Devil Evi Oni Japanese Skajan Geisha Skull Rose Embroidery Sukajan SkajanVintage Geisha Oiran Dragon Ryu Devil Evi Oni Japanese Skajan Geisha Skull Rose Embroidery Sukajan SkajanJapanese Vintage ORIENTAL Sakura Cherry Blossoms Evangelion Robot Moonlight Fuji Dragon Ryu Navy Blue Black Satin Souvenir Sukajan JacketJapanese Vintage ORIENTAL Sakura Cherry Blossoms Evangelion [...]
At last, the most awaited souvenir jacket or "sukajan" for short has finally dropped in Manila. Alas, the first-ever produced and designed Manila Souvenir Jacket no less than by the talented Ms. Anne Kate Pinero (Pinyero) in the first series of made-to-order sukajan jackets designed by the Kawaii Philippines talented members along with Little Miss Paintbrush's) in honor [...]
Japanese Wagara NERV EVANGELION Mark 06 Robot Dragon Ayanami Rei Sakura Cherry Blossoms Moon Geisha Japan Map Sukajan SkajanJapanese Wagara TEDMAN Efu Shokai California Ted LUCKY LITTLE DEVIL Polar Bear Surfing Hawaiian Hawaii Islands Embroidered Sukajan Skajan JacketJapanese Wagara TEDMAN Efu Shokai California Ted LUCKY LITTLE DEVIL Polar Bear Surfing Hawaiian Hawaii Islands Embroidered Sukajan [...]